Saturday, May 26, 2012

things are going well...


Margaret is delicious. She threw up last night. I think it may be the first time ever, aside from spitting up as a baby. It was pretty sad. She just hung there over the toilet. I actually took 3 pictures. It was the saddest/sweetest thing I had ever seen. She still lisps, and talks a lot. All the time. Her favorite movies are "Horse Lightening"- Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken, Charlotte's Web, Spirit, and Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. She call the last one Chancy Meatballs. She likes to recreate the kiss in the movie where Flint and his lady friend have puffed up cheeks. She will say to one of her siblings, "You be that girl, and I be Chancy Meatballs...", then she puffs up her cheeks for a little kiss.

The kids are out of school for the summer. Yay! I am so excited about no schedule, no getting up at 6:40 or earlier every day, Seven Peaks. My kids are fun to be around right now. They just are. So helpful.

I ran 20 miles today. I did 13 last Saturday. I had done 17 back in March, but nothing recently. I got diagnosed with a tibial stress fracture about 2 months ago, and have been cross training at the gym in the hopes of keeping my endurance up. I really think it has worked. Well...the gym and prayer. Lots and lots of prayer. I may be able to write a book about the Lord hearing and answering my prayers throughout the last 8 weeks. My mind has wanted to become SO discouraged, but the spirit hasn't let me. The Lord has carried me right through it.

He is also carrying me through camp preparations. I have felt less and less stress with each year that goes by as YW Camp director. This year has been different. I have relied so much more on the spirit and it's promptings. I feel confident. It is going to be a great week.

Dave is so great. I stepped in gum the other day so have had a flip-flop in the freezer for a week. I haven't wanted to mess with it. The other night, I could hear him in the kitchen doing something, then he tossed it to me, all cleaned up. I thanked him then told him how I just hadn't wanted to sit there and scrape it. He said, "I know. That's why I did it."

Ok...I think that's all for today. More "things to remember" soon. :)

2 comments:

mj said...

Loved tis post. Poor little Margie, I can just see that sweet little girl hanging over the toilet. So sweet and so sad at the same time. You ran 20 miles ???????20 as in one more than 19 ???? I can't even imagine that. So glad things are better with your legs. I know camp will be great !!!

mj said...

PS Dave sure is GREAT !! It was wonderful to see him.