Wednesday, January 5, 2011

queen for the day...

What a day...and what a little girl. She was happy ALMOST all day "except for all the times I got hurt." She got a paper cut on her finger, bumped her hand on the banister, smashed her finger with her new bike. She really is a sweet little thing. SO beautiful, and loving, and giving, and down right hilarious.

It all started pretty darn early, opening presents on the kitchen table. Only a few before the big kids went to school, then the rest later.

A donut cake. We don't do your typical cakes/cupcakes around here. It's usually a donut cake for breakfast, then whatever they love most for dessert that night + a few birthday candles. It's pretty easy and pretty fabulous.

She got some glow in the dark markers. Ran out of space for the "s".

Our yearly balloon photos. Not sure exactly when this started, but I love it. I like to buy them balloons...one for each year they've been alive. Balloons are cheap, but they make your kids feel so special. Easy happiness, right there.

She is a beauty.

Grandma and Grandpa Temple got her a gift card to Build a Bear. Lizzy and Emily got some for Christmas. Molly went with us when they got theirs. It was rough. She was so jealous, but such a good girl. I KNOW it was really hard for her. She took her time today. Good grief, did she take her time. I'm glad I was blessed with patience (this morning). Today...it was all about Molly. Look how happy she looks in this picture.

I put this one in because I think she looks freaking adorable, and I'm her mom and can do whatever I want.

Her taste and mine are VERY different. Her animal choices are usually fine, but the outfits...oh, the outfits. There is some really cute stuff there. Molly is drawn to whatever will clash...and she loves it.

She got all sorts of office supplies today. From us, from sweet friends who know her SO well. :) She made me this note out of her new glittery pipe cleaners. "I love you (heart)/Molly"

Her dinner of choice was macaroni and cheese (extra creamy) and broccoli and carrots with ranch. Easy enough.

She's been "in the mood for a hula hoop" for quite some time now. I found her one that lights up. It was a HIT! We hula'd and played games with it for awhile tonight. Margaret even gave it a whirl.


OK...so her choice for "birthday cake" was chocolate covered strawberries. Dave and I had to search all over town for these out of season babies. We payed a pretty penny for them too. Dave lovingly dipped each one and even rolled a few in m&m's. Look at her face! Worth every stop we had to make in our search. Every single one.

Margaret couldn't reach. She was NOT happy about it.

A special delivery on our doorstep sealed the deal. Her best birthday ever. Look at her face! Don't you want to kiss her?

Darling Lizzy read her to sleep.
Molly, we love you. Do you know how much? Happy Birthday lovey girl.

17 comments:

Ryan + Jess said...

Holy cow that sounds like the best birthday ever. I LOVE the donut cake tradition. So fun!

And she is completely gorgeous. Her hair is to die for. What a doll!

Michelle said...

She really is a beautiful girl. And I love ALL those happy faces. Glad she was a good girl today and not a naughty one (was that last year?). Sweet bike!

sarahandmatt said...

You make me want to do more for my kids' birthdays! What a magical day for sweet and BEAUTIFUL Molly!

jamie said...

Happy Birthday Molly!!! I can't believe how big she is, time goes too fast!

London said...

Love it. I think Molly definately hit all the high points on the plans for my next brithday. Sounds spectacular!

Melissa Yergensen said...

What a fabulous birthday! I LOVE the balloon tradition, the pictures are always so perfect. It helps that she is one gorgeous little girl. It looks like she had a super fun day!

Rachel said...

That is one fabulous birthday. I LOVE the non-traditional stuff...donut cake, chocolate strawberries. What a beautiful girl (and one lucky one)!

Kris Tina said...

If this is how birthday's are done at the Schofield house - mine is March 24th.

And Molly - oh she is so so sweet (even when she isn't).

brittany said...

happy birthday miss molly! she is a doll!

Kylie said...

What a fun birthday for such a beautiful girl! I hope Hallie's hair will be like hers!

PS I LOVE the donuts in the morning, such a fun idea. I'm going to have to file that away in my mind. :)

mj said...

Wonderful day and wonderful pictures. Molly could not possibly look any happier or any cuter.The donuts, and the strawberries, and the dinner all look perfect. Just think Amy, you have 2 more next week. YEA !!!!!

Anonymous said...

What an AWESOME birthday! I'm glad she had such a fun time! She looks beautiful in the pictures.

Love the picture of Margaret not being able to reach :) She looks pretty upset about it. Love ya!

O family said...

These pictures are so adorable! I especially love the ones with her at Build a Bear. TOO CUTE!
Molly is such a cutie-pie. I also love the traditions that your family has. I think that I might have to do it with Quinn. (better late than never)

Kristin said...

I can't really remember which pictures I love the best. i do remember thinking how beautiful and big she is looking.

it looks like a fantastic day. Wonderful and magical--pretty much perfect (except for all those owies).

Lisa said...

I loved this post. What a wonderful day you and Dave provided for Molly. She looks so happy and I know she felt so loved. Great traditions you have. Wish I'd thought of some of them.

Christina & Andrew said...

She seriously is my favorite little thing ever. GOSH, I LOVE HER!! <3

mj said...

Hi Christy....can't wait to see you.hint-hint