Tuesday, December 21, 2010

our december...

I'm alive. We're all alive. I don't have many pictures or words to prove it, but we are. This blog needs an update. I have felt really maxxed out lately. Stressed and overwhelmed with the season, and I don't like feeling that way. I wish it was simpler. No matter what I try, it doesn't seem to simplify. I want to have time to treasure my friends and family without having to worry about gifts, decorations, and all that jazz. I love all that jazz too, but it distracts me from what I treasure most...mainly the birth of my Savior. I HAVE decided to eliminate our big meal on Christmas day. Just to see how things flow without a turkey and the works. I love this time of year...mostly because of my children. They are happy and excited and that makes me feel good.

We were able to go to the Living Nativity about 2 weeks ago, just in time. The beautiful Provo Tabernacle is no longer, and I'm sad. I loved that building.
Uncomfortable benches, but a beautiful,sacred building.

On the outside steps. My 5 little treasures.

We had a Grinch Ward Christmas party. It was a blast! My kids really got into the WHO thing...with the exception of Margaret. There were tears (lots of them) trying to get the hair-do's just right, but it paid off. I love my ward. It is a family. I hate hearing people say that. It sounds so trite. Doesn't really matter...it's true.

Margaret went to TOWN on the egg nog. Best night sleep she's had in quite awhile.

Molly got to play the part of an angel at a YW activity last week. She was sad. The hanger hurt her head. Until she saw her reflection. It was a beautiful little program. When I came around the corner and saw Molly and her 2 other sunbeam friends as Mary and Joseph, standing in my friends garage, surrounded by straw...I was completely overcome with emotion. I felt the spirit and I really needed it. We were told by our Miamaid class president to make room for the Savior in our lives. Isn't that SO true. We are TOO busy. We have too much swirling around in our heads to hear the quiet whisperings of the spirit.


Last night we read our nativity story and placed all the pieces on the piano bench. The kids love it...and Margaret loved baby Jesus.

We did it! Tara and I ran 6.1 miles this morning in the crazy snow...and I loved it! It was quiet and peaceful. Not as cold as you would think. Not as wet either. Shoveling the driveway was, but not the run.

This is some serious snow. It hasn't stopped since the middle of the night 2 days ago. It's getting deep. And slippery.

Molly today. She is yummy. A smart, feisty, yummy little girl. She'll be 5 in 2 weeks. She's still my baby girl though.

Margie enjoying her hot chocolate in a sippy. She is a ball of joy lately. She is finally starting to talk. Kind of. She has so much personality. She makes all of us smile...nearly all the time. I am so grateful for her, and four my 4 older who adore her still. I am a lucky lady.

6 comments:

London said...

Such a cute family you have. Love you bunches. I can't believe how long Emily's hair is getting. And how grown up Alex is. It's only been a few months since I wasn in primary with all of them, but wow!

sarahandmatt said...

Love the Who hair. Love it.

mj said...

So happy you are on here again. Oh, how I remember those rushed Christmas seasons. Just remember the story about "long walk part of gift" It really helps me get things in focus.

Rachel said...

I hear you on the overwhelming aspect of things...no matter how prepared I am, it's hectic. I hope you get to enjoy some peaceful moments. Merry Christmas, sweet friend!

Kristin said...

Oh how i love each picture. Emily's hair grows FAST!!! it was pretty darn short when we left. At least compared to now. Sounds like a great ward activity. So FUN!!! And how neat you made it over to the living nativity. We never did. not once. Always wanted too. Oh it just makes me sad every time i think about that building burning down. I almost can't believe it is real. And sweet molly as a beautiful angel. I know i'm forgetting so much. margaret is getting so big. you and Tara running in the snow. you run more each day than I drive my car (except on Sundays or our monthly trips to bismarck). Looks like December was fantastic. Have a great rest of the month.

Michelle said...

Love all the pictures!