


*Her personality. She loves to laugh. She is so silly and when she is...it makes YOU laugh. Her personality is contagious. You can be in a room full of people...GREAT people, and you will find yourself wanting to stand next to her. I call her a lot. She will feel whatever I'm feeling, and sometimes I need that comfort. If I'm crying, she'll cry. If Molly says something hysterical, I'll call Mom immediately so I can hear her laugh. In high school, I chose to hang out with her rather than friends. We liked the same thing. There was less pressure. Is that wierd? We would sit at the piano for hours, playing together. Fumbling through songs...and laughing the whole time. Actually, we were pretty good...her on the left hand and me on the right. When she comes to visit, we do it and it makes me happy.
*Her kindness. She has a genuine interest in people. She can make anyone feel like they are the most important person to her. I can remember her striking up conversation with people at the grocery, in line at the post office, at gas stations. I was mortified as a kid. I realize now, that that is a gift. Not everyone is able to make people feel that way. She always has been and always will be.
*Her loyalty. She is so loyal to my dad and to her kids. She would do anything for us. She loves my dad and shows him every day. She really doesn't argue with him. She disagrees, but fights aren't really in her nature. Can you even imagine? I think I inherited quite a bit from her, but not that.
*Her passion. When she loves something, you better believe you'll know about it. Scrapbook supplies, Il Divo, the beach, old ceiling tiles. :) She is an intense shopper. She is really good at it and practices almost every day. I love when we SHARE a passion...like photos of my kids. I take pictures, I post pictures, we look at pictures together...ooohing and aaaahing over them like fireworks. She orders prints that very same day so she can look at them closer and touch them. That means the world to me. It makes me happy. Sometimes I'll take extra pictures just so we can have that time together.
*Her intense love for her family. I live for her visits. I think we all do (my siblings, I mean). I am so happy when I know she's coming. She is so good with my children. Never yelling at them. Doing whatever will make them happy. Going on walks, doing puzzles, watching Barbie Nutcracker. They KNOW she adores them. She hugs them, kisses them, and tells them. She brings warmth everywhere she goes. Comfort. Peace. And lots and lots of laughter.
Mom, I love you so much. The Lord blessed me when he gave me to you. Hopefully I can take what I have learned from you and bless others. Happy Birthday!



10 comments:
Love Grandma so much too. She really is wonderful.
She was a mother figure to me and I learned a lot from her. She might have encouraged my personality to be what it is as an adult. I had it as a child, but she definitely taught me it was ok to be crazy and silly as an adult! Your parents are talked about much in our home, in fact I even talked about them while giving my lesson in my ward on Sunday.
Happy Birthday sweet Mary Jane!
happy birthday to your cute mom! though i've never met her, i've heard so many wonderful things about her, AND she created you.. who is one of the most talented giving, wonderful friends I have ever had.. to do that she must be one special mother!
Grandma is such a special person! I love her so much!! I feel so lucky that she is a part of my family :)
Mom, Happy Birthday to the most amazing and beautiful mother. The older I get I realize even more how irreplaceable and perfect you are. You are such a joy to be around. I love you so much mom.
You have made my day !!Thank you sooo much !! I guess you can tell that Dad and you kids,grandkids and greatgrand kids are my life. the reason I was born.I am so blessed to have you all in my life.Thanks !
What a great tribute, Amy. She really IS someone you want to stand by in a crowded room...I felt that way the first time I ever stood in the same room as her. Love your thoughts.
So well said, Amy. I love Aunt MaryJane so much! Happy Birthday to her!! Everything you said is just so true. She feels what others feel (many times I have seen those tender eyes fill with tears when someone else is expressing something), you really DO want to stand next to her in a room full of people, and yes, that laugh. She has such a contagious laugh. I LOVED the photos. That first one looks like Tracy.
She somehow always knows what to say to make you feel comfortable and loved. What a wondeful mother you have! What a blessing to have her as my aunt!
You are a lot like her...more than you know!
I love you too, MJ. One of the benefits of being Amy's roommate was your visits.
I can't believe how much your mom looks like Tracy in that young picture. Amazing. I too love your mom. She is a great lady! Can't say any more than that!
Post a Comment