My mom. We just had her here with us for a week, and now we all have the shakes because we miss her so much. I'm so grateful my Dad was OK with her coming for so long. This woman is one in a million. I'll do my very best to try and explain why. Whenever you are with her...you feel like the favorite. There's something about her. You're drawn to her and just love it when she's around. She loves people and things very intensely. You feel so important, so special. I hope I am able to do that for people. She is the reigning queen of embarrassing moments. I'm not kidding...if you think you can take her...think again. She laughs at herself. I love when she laughs at herself. To summarize her visit...I only need 3 words...SHOP...EAT...LAUGH. Seriously, is there anything better. I love it when she really gets going. We had some really good belly laughing, tears in your eyes moments. Calories burned. Wahoo! I felt calm, happy, peaceful this week. The kids could hardly wait for her to wake up in the mornings...so they didn't. She seemed OK with them pouncing on her at 7 am. Lots of kissing, giggling, compliments. They adore her. We just smiled a lot with her here. Hopefully those smiles (and about 250 photos) can hold me over until Delaware in July. I am so blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Amy, you need to make sure mom reads that. I couldn't agree more with what you said. She is one in a million. I'm so glad you were able to have some serious mom time this time around. I'm still missing her like crazy and charlotte is already 2 months old. ADORABLE picture!
I love your mom, too. She was so sweet with Gavin and so sweet to me! You're right, I did feel like the favorite when she was talking to me! Very sweet lady and I'm glad I got to see more of her this time around. Hip Hip Hooray for M.J.!
Amy - Your mom is GREAT!! She means alot to a lot of people. I know my mom loves spending time with her and sharing all her embarassing tales. I am so glad she came to visit you. That picture of you two is really capturing. You both look wonderful.
Post a Comment