Friday, February 29, 2008

grateful...

Got some terribly sad news about an old friend of mine last night. Since then, my mind has been consumed with all sorts of thoughts. All I'm going to talk about though is the main thing that keeps making it's way back into my head. I am grateful. Grateful for the people in this photo. This little group is my life. My entire life. I love them. I am so grateful for our health, our faith, our happiness. So many people in this world do not have the happiness that I enjoy every day. That is devastating to me. People hurt, people get sick...mentally and physically, and it makes me sad. More than that though...it reminds me of what I DO have. Treasures...and I need to treat them as such. I love them.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Couldn't agree more. Sometimes, though, I'm grateful for the reminders because it's so easy to forget.

And your cute family is fabulous! Though I had to find your blog through someone else! You should have told me that this existed!

Love it, Love it!

brittany said...

oh amy, you are so wondeful! i love the picture of you and your adorable family. was that picture in seattle?

laurag said...

amy, I love this picture and place and family so much. Wish you guys were out here again. I'm going to give you a call right now actually. miss you.

Krista said...

Amy-you CAME OUT! I too am reminded of how special my little family is by things that are not so happy.

Here's something happy. It's getting warm...know what that means? BBQ weather!!

Love, Krista

Lady said...

I'm sorry about your friend Amy. I know time heals wounds whether you want it to or not. Right now my heart feels like a little piece is missing and I want it filled back up but at the same time the emptiness reminds me of my neighbor and his family and their pain. And I then I don't want it filled up because I think that then I'll have forgotten him. We went to the viewing tonight and I saw is body but I still feel like I'll see him mowing the lawn this spring. It doesn't seem real. I am grateful too for all I have and I try to remember that I need to live in this moment. Life needs to be cherished - good memories need to be made.

MommyMert said...

Heya! I found you and your little blog. (Hope you dont mind if I read :) ) I love this picture of the family. You have a wonderful family and I am glad that I get to see them grow up. You are also a wonderful Mom. I LOVE the pics you took of L's baby! You have such a talent. woo woo to you!

Kimo said...

What a beautiful family!!! You SHOULD be proud and grateful! I love reading your blog!