January 5th has come and gone. Molly Venice is 6 years old. I feel like I have had her in my life forever, yet can remember her birth like it was yesterday. It was one of the most beautiful experiences of my life. The births of all my children were amazing in their own ways, but Molly's...Molly's was different. It was calm. It was relaxed. I had waited 5 years for her, and I was ready.
I wanted her to open a few gifts before school, then the rest that night with her cake. She couldn't stop though. She just tore through all of them. She was SO happy. It was really fun to watch.
She chose "Gunnar" pancakes with strawberries for her birthday breakfast. We added on the sausage links. The kids didn't love them like I thought they would. If I wasn't watching my calories, I could have eaten all 20 of them. I'm not kidding. She loved her gifts. Her mini-webkinz, candy, office supplies. Her face lit right up when she opened her very own package of 3x5 cards!
Her darling hat from school. She wore it everywhere yesterday. She wanted it on for her balloon photoshoot, but I had to draw the line.
She chose McDonalds for her birthday lunch. I made the mistake of going to the one by Provo High...at lunch time. There must have been 75 teenagers crammed in there. NO thanks. We headed to the one by Walmart. Grimey, but still delicious. Always delicious. :) You know me and my cheeseburger love affair. Would you believe I only had 2 bites of Margaret's?
Next, Dave took Margie home and I took Molly to the Dollar Tree. She was told she could spend 3 dollars. I should have known it would take awhile. Seriously though...this girl can shop. I can't. I've never been a shopper. She walked up and down every aisle...party favors, home decor, teacher aids, crafts...until we made it to the toys and treats. She decided to spend one of her $'s on Mrs. Thibault. She saw a red and white polka-dotted bow that she just knew would remind her of Minnie Mouse. I thought that was adorable.
This is how I felt after about 45 minutes. Wiped out.
Grandma and Grandpa Schofield came by with a special delivery. Her very own gourmet cupcake. She wanted me to sing to her once we got back inside. So I did. :)
Birthday dinner - Hot Pockets and Ramen noddles. She was over the moon. Her cake choice was a donut tower. Easy, cheap, and donuts just so happen to be one of my 3 favorite foods.
Happy Birthday sweet Molly. Gosh, I love her. I love to look at her. I love to drive around in the car with her, no music, and the rest of the kids at home. She can make me CRAZY mad, but also crazy happy. She is a gift. I know that she will be one of my dearest friends someday, and I am so, so thankful for her.



12 comments:
What a happy day. Molly surely is one of a kind, and we are so blessed for her to be part of our family !! Love the photos. I think my favorite is the teenage sassy one on the road. Great !
I love that first picture of Molly! The way the light hits her hair. It just says childhood to me. She is beautiful.
I completely agree, Molly is a gem. And I LOVE LOVE LVOE the one of her in the road. That belongs on a card or something.
p.s. how on EARTH can your kids not love sausage links? Are they crazy? :) HAPPY day late BIRTHDAY GIRL!! aunt laura and fam
I want YOU to come and document my days sometimes. I love seeing your days, through the eyes of your camera. I love love love Miss Molly. I see the light in her and it makes me smile. I have always loved her since I first saw her in her carseat at church. All the red hair. I love the birthday shoot pictures (of course.) and especially that picture of you on the floor. hahahaa... xo
You make birthdays so special for your kids. I wish I'd thought to do some of the things that you do. Love you all and am so jealous that Christy will be there soon. Love,Lisa
Wow, what a fun day! She is an amazingly gorgeous little girl!
Happy, happy birthday to Miss Molly! She is such a beautiful girl. It looks like a perfect celebration of her. Love to you all.
I remember when we first moved in and Molly was just a little red-headed baby in a carseat--and now look at her! My favorite pic is the one of her standing on the box with one hand on her hip and the other holding her balloons. Pretty, pretty girl! And, can you believe you got such a sunny, beautiful day in Utah in January?! Happy day all around!! :)
Oh Amy, Molly is GORGEOUS! It's amazing that when I discovered your blog, she was just a little toddler, and now she is this elegant beautiful girl! Happy birthday Molly!
Wow i can't belive she is 6. What a cutie./ She sure looks like lizzy. I can't believe the twins will be 11 tomorrow. How times go so fast. Love your family. joice
Happy birthday Molly! I love the pictures of her, all of them! So sweet and just Molly! I love that girl.
She is yummy. So beautiful and, like all your kids, is a very special spirit. God has a work for her, you just have to survive her youth, and she'll be phenomenal. Her light is special. Fun to celebrate her.
Post a Comment