Wednesday, December 7, 2011

wassup?

There really isn't anything extraordinary going on around here. No new babies, no winning lottery tickets, no cruises. Just regular life. I guess regular life is pretty great though.


This baby is FUN. Except when she acts like she's 2. She is almost always pleasant and has started to show so much spunk and personality. I love her, I love her, I love her. She's smart, and funny, and she lisps. I don't think any of us can really get enough.


Alex was mentored by a girl in our ward who is an art major at UVU. His stuff was in an exhibit in Salt Lake with a few other "mentees" and the rest of the class from the college. It was amazing. It really was. Alex was very proud, though he wouldn't have told you so. He also had a theater production last week while Dave was out of town. He is a natural. He is funny. He has good timing. He just doesn't believe he is as great as he is. I am now more determined than ever to find resources for him. Classes to help him develop his love for art, creative writing, drama. He is so, so wonderful.


After his exhibit, we went to see the lights at Temple Square. They are every bit as amazing as you would expect. Breathtaking actually. It was REALLY crowded though...and you know how I handle giant crowds with my kids. I'm glad we went. It is SO worth the drive up to SLC.


I loaded my pictures backwards.  :( Tony and Adam came by a few weeks ago on their way up to WA where Adam will be stationed for the next few years. It was so great to see them. They make people happy. Just look at our faces!


We also got to spend a lot of time with the Frey's. I wish it had been under different circumstances. We love them so much. They are the very nearest you can get to family without any actual relation. I really have no doubt that these sweet 12 year olds will be friends forever. I can see them rooming in college together. Living near eachother while raising their families. They are bosom buddies.


The Reflections assembly at the school was really great. I decided this year, that I would not help the kids at all. I would let this be THEIR thing. It stresses me out a whole lot. They did their own thing, and won medals for everything they entered. I was so proud of them. They were so proud of themselves and eachother. A lot of smiling for me that day. I'm not sure where Emily's medals are in this picture. Tucked away for safe keeping?


Our tree is up and it makes me really, really happy. The end.

11 comments:

Rachel said...

I love this whole lot of 'regular life' going on here. I'm so excited for Alex; he is certainly going to do great things. I think all of your kids will, actually. ;)

Kristin said...

Oh man, I am so thrilled for Alex. He is so talented.

This is a great, great post. You guys make me happy, happy, happy.

Kristin said...

Oh man, I am so thrilled for Alex. He is so talented.

This is a great, great post. You guys make me happy, happy, happy.

Kristin said...

hehe . . . got impatient with my slow internet again. Came back on to comment, thinking it hadn't gone through at all. :)

So thought how great is it that all 3 girls won an award. On their very own. Way to give them creative license. Thats awesome.

Margaret is at a great age. She gives great hugs. I am glad I got a couple. I am also glad my kids have your kids. My oldest bawled as we drove through Provo canyon. They are a lot alike with such similar interests. It would be great for them to be able to be creative together. :)

The lights are beautiful. One of my favorite parts of Christmas.

Jen said...

Sounds like regular life is pretty great where you are! I LOVE the age of 2. Still cute enough to get away with most things and I wish I could hear that lisp. 3 is a whole 'nother story!
Beautiful pictures!

Michelle said...

Regular life is grand. Just like you. Thanks for being my friend.

Kris Tina said...

Well regular life is followed with Christmas vacation - which means some serious regular tv watching with some babysitting by the kids. Pretty please. Greg and I are getting sick of each other's commentary!

SupermomE13 said...

regular life is the good stuff. :) Your family is so beautiful too!

Melissa Yergensen said...

Alex really is a gifted artist! I know you will find ways to encourage and support him - he's so lucky to have such a cool mom. And that Margaret is absolutely delicious!

Sharene said...

I love the regular life too. You always make your life so magical. It makes me happy! I love your Christmas tree as well and your kids and you.

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys!!!