Thursday, November 6, 2008

my friends...

2 1/2 years ago, we found this great, tiny little house. It's actually our first home. We rented from our dear friends for the first 7 years of our marriage. I was really excited to own, but not excited to leave my dear Grandview ward. I had grown so close to those people. This ward could never replace that. This ward is different, yet equally as great. I never ever thought I would say that. Grandview was heaven. Don't get me wrong, I still love it there, but down here...the "west side"...man, I love it. I am so happy here. Happier than I really thought I could be. The reason for that is my friends. In those 2 1/2 years, I have made life long friends. People I am sure will be in my life forever. There are at least a dozen girls I could call if I needed help, if I was sad, if I was thrilled about something. The people here are kind. They serve eachother. They love eachother. The past few days have been overwhelming for me. I'm overwhelmed by my friends and how good they are, how much I love them. You sweet people know who you are. Thank you. I love you. I will be eating like a queen for the next few days...a queen sitting on the couch watching Enchanted. :)

10 comments:

Ryan + Jess said...

I miss that...it is a little different up here in the north! I'm SO glad you have a ton of support and love. It always makes things easier!

mj said...

So glad you have your friends. I haven't called because I didn't know if you just wanted to chill. Miss you guys something awful !!

Tara James said...

You deserve great friends, because you are a great girl. Hope you getting feelin great in the next few weeks!!

Kristin said...

You are loved Amy because you love--among many other reasons as well. I am SO glad you moved here--and I know I'm not alone in that sentiment.

Alyssa said...

For the record- people who have great friends- are great friends themselves! Which you are! I've been thinking a lot about you lately. . .hope you are feeling better. I do miss seeing you every Sunday in our ward. . but SO glad you are happy where you are!

Marianne said...

I remember 2 1/2 years ago when I moved into a lovely house quite near the little brick house...and then you moved away. It was a sad day.

brittany said...

i'm so glad you have so many great friends and are in such a great ward. i'm going to have to disagree on the whole tiny little house part though...

April Kennedy said...

Very sweet post. That was/is exactly how I feel about the friends we made in the Dover ward. Friends for life! Glad you have sweet friends taking care of you right now.

Christy said...

Amy, glad you like us and all but I need more. I need you to update this blog. It's not like you have 4kids and one on the way or anything. :) I'm selfish I need my Amy blog fix. C

Rachel said...

Hey Amy,
I got your Pampered Chef thing Tuesday and I was going to talk to you yesterday since I saw you a couple times and just forgot. Thursday nights are Bishop's meetings at the church so Carl will be gone...I'm bummed since I LOVE chocolate AND love being with friends. Thank you for the invite, though...and I'll be dreaming of chocolate tonight... :)