Thursday, May 3, 2007

What happened?!


So, when did I go from being "Mommy" to plain old "Mom"? Alex and Lizzy have decided that I am "Mom" now...although they usually have to switch to "Mommy" when I haven't responded after 3 tries. I'm not used to hearing it, and I'm not sure that I like it. I just told Alex that my name is "Mommy"...to which he responded, "I can't call you Mom...even when I'm 8"? Oh yeah..you're 8...maybe it's not so cool to call your mother "Mommy" anymore, and maybe if you're gonna be cool, your 6 year old sister wants to be cool too. Transitions. Don't like them. Not one bit. Guess I'd better get used to them though.

3 comments:

Krista said...

So, when are you going to come out of the "blogger closet"??????

Lady said...

Well Amy - Dan's parents are Mommy and Daddy STILL. I admit that I thought that was a bit weird at first that these grown children were still calling their parents Mommy and Daddy. Some of their grandkids call them grandmommy and granddaddy. I'm cool with it now - it's grown on me. So I guess you have to decide if you want to be called that when Alex is 40 or if you'd rather transition a bit sooner?

emlizalmo said...

Sooner is good!