Wednesday, February 29, 2012
remember this...
I know...my 2nd post of the month. I am really on a roll. Life goes on, I feel like I have nothing worthwhile to say, then realize my children are changing so quickly and there are things I want to remember. I NEED to remember. Margie is a doll right now. She is happy and easy and so freaking adorable. She has a pretty intense naptime/bedtime routine though. Sometimes if I'm in a hurry, it makes me nuts, but if I go into it knowing EXACTLY what to expect, it can be pretty darn sweet.
1. Blankets covering the sides of her crib must be turned right.
2. Blankets on HER must be in the right order. Not upside down, not sideways. Rag quilt first, then flannel bear blanket on top.
3. Pacie in her mouth and bottle set just to the side of her face. YES, she still has a pacie and a bottle and that's just the way it is. The end.
4. Everything must be taken out of her hair. Braids, ponies, clips.
5. She wants 3 songs, in the same order every.single.time. There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly, Teach Me To Walk In The Light, I Love To See The Temple. Old Lady can get really, really long, so I start at the end and hurry through to the fly part as fast as I can. She tells me to slow down. She likes to be tickled on the "spider...that wiggled and jiggled and tickled inside her" part. We sing one verse of Teach Me To Walk, but at the end, after "teach me, teach me, to walk in the light" she wants me to repeat the last line, but "always, always" then "gladly, gladly". Finally we get to our last song. She usually removes her pacie for this part. She holds my left hand with her right and moves it like we are leading the song..."I'll prepare myself while I am YUM". Oh, her lisp, and her tiny squeeky little voice. Once we finish, she says, "Say goodnight Margaret. Say love you." So...I do. I really, really do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
Particular, ADORABLE little thing. I have one of these, as well. Sometimes the routine is exactly what I need. :)
Oh my goodness . . . and that is why we are mommies. Darling little girl.
What a sweet, sweet picture of her.
Oh wow - just about the sweetest thing I have heard in a really long time.
**Melting**
Oh I love her.
This makes me smile ear to ear. I'm really getting t otknow this beautiful niece of mine BETTER!! (auntie laura)
yikes - what I meant to say was that I am looking forward to getting to know this beauty better. Why do you have to live so darn far away?
I could eat her up !! Such a darling little girl. Good to have you on here,Amy.
Post a Comment