Friday, July 29, 2011

just keep swimming...















So this is where we have been spending a lot of our summer. Now that things are starting to settle down with our schedule, we can go every single day if we want. I don't really want to, but I COULD. I broke down and bought The Pass of All Passes for the kids and I. It was not cheap, let's just say that. There was a day back in June though, where Tara came by to bring me something on her way to Seven Peaks. The kids and I had been out back in the kiddie pool, cooling ourselves off with the garden hose. I was jealous. So we went and bought them the next day with our Amex refund. I can't say that I've regretted it.


I have put off buying any sort of swimming pass for years. It seemed SO intimidating to me. There was just no way I could keep an eye on all 4 (and now 5) of my kids. It scared me. Friends always wanted to go together which scares me a little bit too. I love talking to my friends. A lot. So much that I can get distracted and lose count of my children. Something just felt right this year though. My older 3 are very capable of helping me and are also capable swimmers. That left me with Molly and Margaret...and once I got them life-jackets, my worries basically disappeared. I still have to keep a close eye on them. I still need help from the older 3. I just don't worry as much.


The kids are LOVING it. I am LIKING it. I really like that it makes them happy...and tired. Margaret takes some amazing naps when we get home. I like that pass holders can go at 9:30 am. It's a tiny bit less crowded. It's no Fenwick Island, but it'll do.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I can't say I could have managed the kids by myself this year, but I think that those passes are a must for us next year if my kids don't want to be bored. :) I wondered why everyone could afford to take their families almost every day...I guess this is why!

Kris Tina said...

I have been to seven peaks - once- when I was 14 maybe(?). I think I need to go back. And let's face it - the kiddie pool v. seven peaks? No contest. Bless that AMEX refund - worth every penny.

London said...

Love my pass too. I can't even do anything there but sit and laze, but I still love it. Maybe instead of pooling we have mini golf tournament. That is something I still CAN do.

Anonymous said...

If we ever were to move back I would be all over these passes. Glad you guys have been able to use them and enjoy them SO much. I think it is a great way to spend the summer together. Fun pictures--:).

--kristin

Christina & Andrew said...

I am REALLY missing you guys.

mj said...

I know exactly how you feel. Remember the Kent swim club? I loved and hated it at the same time.